Provide remote access to a dongle from within your account
The following steps will enable you to connect a remote machine to the computer that is attached to the physical security key. You can then share access to the dongle, enabling the protected program to run on the remote computer.
- Create an account, download, and install Donglify on the local computer which we will refer to as the server. You also need to install the tool on the client machine that requires remote access.
- Start Donglify on the server and client computers and log into the software using the same id and password.
- Make the device available on the server to enable it to be shared by clients.
- Connect the dongle to the server.
- Launch Donglify and click the “Plus” icon.
- A list of available devices is displayed by Donglify.
- Check the radio button next to the device you want to provide access to and click “Share”.
If the dongle key can be shared by more than one client simultaneously, you will see the multi-connect icon next to its name.
* Note: The multi-connect function currently works with:
- HASP HL 2.16
- HASP HL Pro 3.25
- Sentinel HL 4.34 (3 variations)
- Sentinel UltraPro
- Sentinel HL 4.27
- Sentinel HL 4.31
- Sentinel HL 4.54
- Hardlock USB 1.02
- Feitian Technologies ROCKEY Dongle
- SafeNet eToken 5110
- CodeMeter CmStick
- Sentinel HL (rev 601)
- Start Donglify on a client computer and locate the dongle you want to share and click Connect. The dongle will be recognized by your system as if it had a direct physical connection.
- When you are done working with the dongle, click Disconnect on the client machine to end the connection.